FACING AN EVICTION?
FIND A LEGAL CLINIC NEAR YOU.
TENANTS - DO’S AND DON’TS
When You Move In
- Read and understand what you sign.
When You Move Out
- Give 30 days’ written notice.
- Ask for a move out inspection and take pictures.
- Take pictures to document the condition at the unit at moving in and if anything breaks. See numbers on reverse to report bad conditions to the right agency and to find a lawyer.
- Pay the rent on time.
- Get valid receipts.
- Talk to a lawyer at the first sign of trouble.
- Never sign anything you don’t understand.
- Never Sign these without a lawyer Estoppel Certificate.
- Pay cash.
Fight for stronger laws
Join the LA Tenants Union
1st Monday at 7:00 p.m
3303 Wilshire Blvd., 8th floor
Other Tenants Rights Groups
Eviction Defense Network
1930 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 208 Los Angeles, CA 90057
A California 501(c )(3) Nonprofit Organization
Walk in Services
Open Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM.
- If you have papers from the court walk in during office hours. Expect to wait.
- If you do not have papers from the court then come Tuesday at 6PM to fill out intake. Listen to the general presentation from 7PM to 8PM. Individual consultations from 8PM until we are done. Or come to the Thursday ACCE Clinic or the Saturday Clinic at the Church of the Epiphany.